Monday, June 4, 2012

2 years!

Bliss. I wish that was the only word I could use to describe the last two years but really, what relationship is purely bliss? Truth is, it's been crazy! We've had ups and downs, good days and bad days but hardly a day apart and I wouldn't have it any other way. Since high school graduation we have been what many call, "connected at the hip". Let me tell you, so much has happened since the day we heard our names called and our hats flew but one thing still remains the same, we're in love. Now more than ever. It isn't always easy but worth it? Always. Enough sap, let's get to the fun we had this last weekend. :) First of all, this has nothing to do with our anniversary but I went to breakfast to kiss my cute little friend Mickelle goodbye before she left for northern Utah... She'll be back and I can't wait. :) Okay back to us and our weekend...We left Friday after work and headed out to Gunlock reservoir for a little relaxing weekend of camping and fishing on the lake. So we thought... We got there too late to put the boat in the water and therefore too late to drive the boat to the other side of the lake to camp, suck. We headed back down the road desperately hoping to find a spot somewhere to pitch the tent.. what? hahaha. Anyways, we found this cute little area right off of the river that stems from the lake. It was in a canyon and it was even sandy like a real beach! We went with it and set up camp very quickly because we were freaking starving. We celebrated the day with a little bit of Captain Jack Sparrow's drink of choice. ;) and way too much of it, might I add. At least for me and with a very empty stomach. No fun. Good thing my awesome bf watched his intake a little more closely and his hamburger shot his buzz right down haha. Let's sum it up by saying I was completely out of my mind, hating my life and I have small red spots on my face from a bursted blood vessel thanks to excessive hurling. Happy Anniversary! I don't understand how it's fun. I just don't get it. Thankfully, I felt back to my normal self the next morning so it didn't ruin the whole weekend. :) We packed up camp at the butt crack of dawn (7:00 am) and went back to the lake to launch the boat and do what we went to do! We found the cutest spot at the lake with a big tree right by the water, a couple of tables and a nice little beach to hang out on. This little spot was really cute until it hit about 100 degrees. Then we were loving that tree and our camp chairs nestled into the water. We took the boat out to fish which failed so we decided to jump in the water to cool off. Cool off we did! That water was frigid. It was fun though. :) We spent the rest of the afternoon just totally relaxed in the shady water with Lady having the time of her life. Marshal trained her to not be afraid of the water by rewarding her with chips and by the time we left, she was chasing and stomping on crawdads neck deep in the water! We were such proud little parents haha. We decided that we just wanted to go home instead of camping another night, we were worn out. We packed everything into the boat, went for one last ride and loaded it up. As soon as we got home, we fought for the shower and were actively focused on just staying awake the rest of the evening haha. Marshal downed an excessive amount of ice cream and then we ordered Hungry Howies. It was delicious. Especially followed by a long night of good sleep. :) Sunday, Marshal finished laying the tile in our bathroom while I did a lot of cleaning. It'll take a few days to make sure everything is in tip top shape for my sissy! :) We got everything put away and clean for the most part and then we went to see Wade. Their cat just had kitties the night before and they were soooo tiny! I really hate cats but it was so adorable, I couldn't believe it. Marshal just couldn't leave them alone, he is such an animal lover haha it's cute. :) Then we went to Target to get supplies to set up the spare bedroom and bathroom for our company. Cute stuff too! That night, we went and checked out Pepper's Cantina for dinner and it was so delicious! Really close to the best Mexican we've had here so far. We won't be strangers. ;) The night was concluded with a routine trip to Walmart and a couple homemade cherry shakes. T'was a good weekend to commemorate the best two years of my life and hopefully his too. :) Looking forward to the next who knows how many years but we'll take it one day at a time for now. Oh! I forgot one thing. We decided that we would just get cards for each other and consider the camping trip as our "gift". Good idea we though especially because both of our birthdays are coming up and we're constantly pouring money into house projects which is way more fun anyways. :) So what does he do? Buys me 5 different cards. They all were perfect in that it was like they were made based off of our relationship. So hilarious, I loved every one of them. He just couldn't resist and had to buy me The Vow too. :) No complaints coming from me. He's the best. It's been a great weekend and it's officially my birthday week! That means I'm in charge, if only I was taken seriously haha. Can't wait to see my family this week and celebrate my birthday at Tuacahn watching Aladdin. Stoked! Will have plenty to update after the rest of the week's events. Until then... Loving the life I live. <3

Bye Mickelle! Can't wait for you to move back!

Fishin' boat. :)

Love him. <3

Baby Lady, not so photogenic...



No comments:

Post a Comment