Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Not a teen!

It's official, I'm no longer a teen and Marshal is cougar chaser for the next month. ;) It's been such a great birthday week thanks to a few of my favorite people, I'm so glad that my birthday justifies having so much fun! My cutesy sister, brother in law and niece and nephew came up last Wednesday to spend almost a whole week with us! The only way it could've been better is if I didn't have to work but oh well, we still got to have a ton of fun. Let's see, starting with Wednesday: that was the only day I cooked all week haha but I made dinner for everyone and once they arrived, it was the "see how fast we can show them the whole house without burning dinner" game because we were so excited to have company. :) We had bought them a new bed set for the spare room and all new bathroom stuff as well, it's so fun having a  SPARE bedroom and bathroom! Anyways... Thursday, Marshal and I still had to work which totally sucked but it was so fun going home to company and of course dinner haha. I don't think it was much of a vacation for them because they spent the whole time shopping and a lot of it for our house. I could never thank them enough. It's not that we needed anything desperately, or at least we didn't think so but they were way too generous in filling up our house and mostly the kitchen. :) Also, Jason and Marshal were doing projects on the house pretty much everyday which probably wasn't very relaxing but it was verrrry productive! Jason and Jodi made the best dinner on Thursday because they brought up the world famous Blythe carne asada and chicken. Oh how I've missed it! Also, Jason made the absolute best spanish rice I've ever had and Marshal would definitely agree being the huge rice lover that he is haha. After work on Friday, we did a little Best Buy shopping and Jodi got a new camera which I am SO excited about for her. I love her photography and I love that she loves doing it. We bought a few new movies too and then went home and watched Men of Honor and had some ice cream. :) On Saturday, Jasmine came back from visiting Jaymie in Mesquite and Jason and Marshal ripped all of our baseboards and molding off of the walls because we're getting our house painted hopefully within a couple weeks. In the meantime, we went shopping so I could get a few little things for myself for my birthday and get stuff for dinner. We made dinner as soon as we got home because Jodi, Jasmine and I had to get ready to go to Tuacahn to see Hairspray. We were sooo excited all day we couldn't hardly contain ourselves when we got there. Jasmine loves the movie so we were excited to see how she would react to the show. We had the most awesome seats we could have had thanks to my awesome sister. We were front and center just three rows from the stage and in the VIP section with comfy seats and even free water bottles that we were way too excited about haha. The play was so awesome and it was so fun to see Jasmine just thrilled the entire time. It was opening night so there were a couple glitches but that made the play even more fun. During one of the scenes, there was somebody backstage who didn't turn their microphone off and burped sooo loud. It interrupted one of the actresses and nobody could keep their composure. Everyone on stage was laughing and couldn't stop for probably a good minute haha it was hilarious. Then it started getting really windy and one of the gigantic prop televisions became dangerously loose so they had to stop the play with only like 15 minutes left in order to move that section of people and take down the screen. In the meantime, one of the actors took on stand up comedy and kept us all surprisingly entertained. After probably 20 minutes and a very stressful removal, the show was back on. Once the show was over, we met the actors and actresses out in the plaza so Jasmine could take pictures with all of them. I thought it was hilarious because the main guy totally thought he was hot shit and then when we saw them up close he was totally cross eyed hahaha so funny. All of the actors were really good at their parts though, it exceeded my expectations for sure. By that time, it was like 12:30 and the boys were at home playing video games but eager to go to bed as soon as we got there, at least Marshal haha. We're just not used to being up late with friends! :) Sunday morning, we picked up my dad and took him with us to Mesquite for a little Pre-birthday brunch with the fam at Lindy's house. It was really nice to visit with everyone and I'm glad we got to hang out for a while. Then we went home and Jasmine and I started baking dessert while Jodi made potato salad for the bbq at Marshal's dad's house. It was so nice of them to have us over and they made a delicious dinner. I'm glad my sister was down to meet some of his family, since they're pretty much all I've got in the way of family here. However the visit was cut a little short because we had to be able to make it to Home Depot before it closed because part of our fence blew down in the little wind storm we had the night before. Oh! Side note, we got a free block wall along on side of our backyard, Score! Anyways, the boys headed to Home Depot and we went back home. Jasmine and I made homemade ice cream and did laps around the house shaking it until it was done haha. The rest of the night was super relaxing, Jodi and I just hanging out playing on the iPads and the guys were outside until like 10:30 fixing the fence haha. They're so awesome. :) Also, I just want to say how happy I am that they get along and are cool with hanging out for a week. I'm glad that Marshal is comfortable around my family and that they like him and everything, especially my brother because he's somewhat of a father figure although much younger and cooler, I feel like he has taken a lot of responsibility in my family and in particular with me after my dad got sick. I really appreciate all that he does for me, Marshal and the rest of the family. I know I'd be lost without him and he does so much for my sister and he's the cutest dad ever, our family just wouldn't be the same if he wasn't part of it. By the way, cutest kids ever. Jasmine and I have always had a pretty close relationship and I've always loved it but the baby is starting to be the same way and I couldn't be happier. Coming home to his adorable little face saying "Auntie Holly!" and giving me the biggest hug made me forget about anything bad that happened during the day. Already missing that so much. They are so much fun to be with and unfortunately are growing up so quick! Okay so Monday was my birthday and they woke up to make me pink pancakes, my favorite! I did have to work but I got a couple good deals so I was okay with it in the end, especially because the end came a couple hours earlier than normal, thanks bossman! :) We went to Texas Roadhouse for dindin and it was deeeelicious although really, ribeyes are hard to eat at least for me. Semi-retarded.... We ran home really quick because we had a few minutes before the show and I just couldn't go any longer without my birthday present, it was killing me! After some much built up suspense, Marshal brought out a big box and what was in it? A freaking Kitchenaid!!!!!! I couldn't believe it and I still can't believe it. I am SO STOKED. I have been wanting one for so long and I'm so excited to use it...everyday. :) Jasmine also got me the coolest brownie pan ever and they made me a "donut" cake. So great. Okay we ran out the door to get to Tuacahn to see Aladdin! Oh man, we were all so excited, even Marshal. :) It certainly did not disappoint us either. It was super cute and really entertaining, they did a little ad-libbing and were pretty freaking funny. The Genie was awesome and was Marshal's favorite haha he was so excited to take a picture with him. He's so cute. Jasmine got to take a picture with Jasmine and she thought it was the coolest thing ever. The little things that bring them so much joy. :) We got home and just had to have birthday cake and sing one more time, what's a birthday without that? Now here I sit at work with swollen eyes both from lack of sleep and crying because my family won't be at the house when I get home tonight. It's been the best week having family here with me finally. It's been far too long and Marshal and I have both genuinely enjoyed having people in the house and it finally felt like we had friends haha. They did way too much for us, we could never repay them enough. I'm so thankful for my family and that Jason and Jodi were able to spend the week with us. I just feel like crying all day and I probably will pick it back up as soon as I get off work haha, I hate not having them close enough to randomly have them over for dinner or just to hang out. It's been a little bit of a dream this last week and I hate to see it end. My family is the freaking bomb. On another note, Marshal is the best, cutest boyfriend in the world. He's so cute with the kids and he treated me like a princess all day yesterday. He is so perfect, I'm so blissfully happy. Thank you to everyone who made my birthday one to remember!
Hello twenties!

No comments:

Post a Comment