Monday, May 23, 2011

Food, Family, and Fun

Whew it was a long but great weekend! I had to work Friday evening but Marshal came in which helped my shift go faster. :) Then since we were both craving chinese food we decided to try that chinese buffet place for dinner. I tried sushi! And it was just as gross as I expected. We also had crab, lots o noodles and chicken and I made Marshal try a fried banana hahaha sick. Then we went to visit my aunts and grandma who were up here for the weekend and finished watching Pearl Harbor when we got home. It was a nice relaxing evening that we both needed. On Saturday, Marshal had to go work here in town (boo!) for a few hours in the morning so I went to the store to buy stuff to make cookies. I decided on chocolate peanut butter cookies and found a recipe to use. It wasn't until I realized that I was adding two and a half sticks of butter to the batter that I noticed they yield of four dozen cookies! So needless to say, we had plenty to share. We went out to Pine Valley in the afternoon and got to visit with Marshal's grandparents for a while. They're so cute, I love them. We didn't actually end up leaving until about ten that night but it was fun. :) They have so many stories and love to just sit and talk for hours on end. They also insisted that we move in with Marshal's Uncle John in St. George since we're planning on moving down there this summer. This was kind of a shock but a really good one. John lives in a really nice three bedroom house by the golf course all by himself. He's mentally handicapped but still has a job, can drive and essentially, can take care of himself. He will definitely benefit from us living there though, he does get quite lonely and could use a nice, cooked meal every once in a while. I'm SO excited for this. I've really been wanting to cook more and try new recipes so this is the perfect excuse and I've turned into quite the neat freak lately so I'll be able to keep up with the chores around the house. In exchange, we will pretty much be living the life and saving a ton of money. We won't have to pay for anything but groceries and gas! Marshal is already planning Monopoly Mondays because John loves that game and I think it'll be a great experience for both of us to help out with John. Did I mention, Lady will love it too? They have a nice big backyard and John keeps a garden so it'll be a lot of fun. :) Anyways, we're looking forward to the move and  I think it will relieve a lot of stress for both of us. So on Sunday, after I made pancakes,we went to Marshal's home ward for his friend, Rhett's farewell. It was interesting... I don't think I've ever been stared at or given more death looks in my life. After all, I am what stole Marshal away from all of them haha. Then we went to Rhett's house but left in less than ten minutes because it was soooo awkward. We went back to the church for Nelson's ordination into the Priests Quorum and then went to Marshal's mom's house for lunch where we discussed vacation plans for this Christmas. In case I haven't mentioned before, they're taking us to Hawaii. :) Apparently I have to have a passport before then? Isn't Hawaii a state? Retarded. But we spent the rest of Sunday doing nothing after we went grocery shopping. It was great. Marshal barbecued steaks for us and I made MORE cookies because I had to bring treats to class today. This time they were Andes mint chip cookies and they were delicious. We also rented the new Harry Potter and watched it until we fell asleep (like 30 minutes into it) and here we are at Monday. Long weekend right? I gave my mini lesson today in class! It went a lotttt better than I ever expected it to actually. As usual, I was stressin for nothing and my paper dolls were a hit! I was so relieved and now it's smooth sailing until Thursday which is the last day of Maymester! Woo! This weeks plans consist of working, going to Lexi Cain's graduation on Wednesday, and camping somewhere this weekend for our One year anniversary! :) It's been the best year of my life to say the least. It's been a pretty eventful year as well but it still seems like we were flirting at graduation just yesterday. :) I'm so lucky that I met The One so early in life, that's one thing I'll never take for granted.

Yummy pancakes with mixed berries. :)
Reese's Cookies




Andes Cookies

Just call me Betty Crocker. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment